Monday, September 27, 2010

Hero/ Villain Blog

















For our first art project we had to chose a hero and a villain and make them by doing either stippling, hatching, crosshatching, contour hatching, random hatching, and scumbling. For this project I chose Miranda Cosgrove, the girl that plays Carly in the TV show ICarly, as my hero. I chose her as my hero because she always seems so happy and I used to watch her show, ICarly, a lot. I chose Ian Somerhalder, the guy that plays Damon in the TV show The Vampire Diaries, as my Villain. I chose him as my villain because even though I like how he acts, in the TV show The Vampire Diaries he is the evil vampire that is always trying to hurt his brother. Through out this project I had many challenges that I had to overcome in order to finish both my hero and villain on time. One challenge I had was, that I had first chosen as my hero, my best friend, Teresa but then I realized that her face didn't have enough shadows so it would be almost impossible for me to be able to make her face so then I had to chose another hero. In this project I learned that its much better to pick a picture where there are a lot of shadows and a picture that has darker parts, lighter parts and grayish parts because then your picture turns out to look really good. Also, the person is not suppose to be in the middle of the picture, you have to use the rule of the 2 thirds. In this project I also learned about all the types of hatching, stippling, and scumbling, I learned that you never do lines on people's faces, you have to shade up to those darker areas to make it smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment